|Leadership and Public Speaking:|
Providing adequate opportunities for skill-building in youth ensures a brighter future for everyone. Leadership encompasses a wide variety of personality traits and skills that can be encouraged in every young person.
This course features:
|Ø Toast Masters Youth Leadership Program:|
The Youth Leadership Program is a workshop consisting of eight one- to two-hour sessions that enable young people under the age of 18 to develop their communication and leadership skills through practical experience. In the workshop, young people learn valuable skills including:
The workshop is co-ordinated by a member of the Toast Masters International Club.
|Ø Team Building and Leadership Activities|
This includes a series of activities comprising a variety of games, creation of a shared calendar, keeping a gratitude journal, role play and more. These activities will
· Help students to improve their communication and people’s skills.
· Help students gain better self-awareness and more confidence
· Give everyone the chance to feel what it’s like to be a leader and a follower
· Encourage students to learn to respect others, practice active listening skills and find ways to offer appropriate feedback.
· Encourage students to practice complimenting others, accepting compliments from others, finding strengths in everyone on the team and appreciating quality versus quantity.
· Promote organization and planning
|Ø Community Service Project|
Working as a group to achieve a goal and help others can be a rewarding experience not only for the group as a whole but for the individuals involved as well. This activity gives the team a shared goal and requires everyone to take initiative and contribute to the cause. Adults will monitor progress and encourage ideas while leaving actual decisions and problem solving to the group. The goal here is to make a difference in our community and learn how rewarding it is to work together.
Youth will be encouraged to volunteer for the lead roles and help with delegations. Participants will be assigned tasks which they will carry out in groups. All activities will be supervised by adults and parents may assist if they wish.
Program Duration: 8 Weeks
Registration fee: N2000
Tuition: N15, 000 monthly (4 weeks) or N26, 000 / 8weeks (full course duration)
Course Commences July 2018.
Sessions: Morning or Evening.